Red Fern Art compositions by Caithleen Carter Steeves

Drizzling spring morning thoughts

To be here is to see hear and become acquainted with the rain, sunshine,magestic waters .All things Maritime are in a highly unique way created and shaped by the sea.I hope you gain a perspective of what we are, what we are becoming, and what we cherish as Maritimers. Tapah leat!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

To What did I lose You

To what did I lose you?
when thet so called friend wrote that letter and I realized you were in jail---again! Itr was a very differen kind of realization, a mirror in me cracked and I felt a sorrow in me so deep my heart began to break my mind began to heal i began to know what is real what is true.
To what did I lose you my age? your helplessness
as you lay in my arms dying no one wanted to move with us! no one
He did he drove the car that saved your life! old Nelson
Neenie died the last of the old Nelson crew who cared
then you were in jail again and there was no one in who i could confide who knew to what Id lost you
the old dowagers the old hypocrites
dogma chaffed,froze,chaffed away any love  in our minds
Yet I am yours and you are mine my son!!
Perhaps you can feel how free I've become and so we can now share a cup of tea sometime
To hell with them all
Smile for the sun smile for the chair under your arse!!
Walk tall for the legs you own are precious
Keep them on old leaves and green mosses!
posted by K Carter Steeves

2 comments:

  1. When i came from the hospital after my first child our son developed phyloricstenosies which brought him close to death my cousin who passed away, her father drove us to the doctors who saved his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family is made up of those who help you and whom you trust your life with.

    ReplyDelete

kcartersteeves@gmail.com
thekateynessofit.bloggspot.com