Red Fern Art compositions by Caithleen Carter Steeves

Drizzling spring morning thoughts

To be here is to see hear and become acquainted with the rain, sunshine,magestic waters .All things Maritime are in a highly unique way created and shaped by the sea.I hope you gain a perspective of what we are, what we are becoming, and what we cherish as Maritimers. Tapah leat!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The art

posted by K Carter Steeves
The art of story telling,poems and song has long been with me perhaps even from another time.My poems are usually based into nature, animals trees,roads,sky mountians etc.Sometimes I like to remember or release another experience of intensity in my life or lives.They move in and out of a more philosophical depth and usually targeted at a transition we were walking through.they do bring great clarity to me and may seem like grave confusion to the listener.Sometimes a metaphore is merely a momentary stay against confusion but it works!

There was a time when my husband went into the wheelchair and in my grief for i felt like his life had ended( it had not!)I remember seeing him walk every day i remember the last time i witnessed his feet moving on the earth, or the floor I should say.It was 6 a.m. he was leaving the bathroom and the light outsode the door was on and his feet caught in my minds eye as he passed our bedroom door to leave the house.Precious moment!!!captured here in my soulfulness.
From upon my lids
rise the darkness of your kisses
From upon my face
the shadow of your smile
from upon my soul
the lightness of your step walks away the road no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

kcartersteeves@gmail.com
thekateynessofit.bloggspot.com