Red Fern Art compositions by Caithleen Carter Steeves

Drizzling spring morning thoughts

To be here is to see hear and become acquainted with the rain, sunshine,magestic waters .All things Maritime are in a highly unique way created and shaped by the sea.I hope you gain a perspective of what we are, what we are becoming, and what we cherish as Maritimers. Tapah leat!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

A better Resurrection

posted by K Carter Steeves
I have no wit, no words no tears,
My heart within me like a stone
Is numbed to much for hopes or fears
Look right look left I dwell alone
I lift mine eyes ,but dimmed with grief
No everlasting hills I see
My life is like a falling leaf
O Jesus come and quicken me

My life is like a faded leaf
My harvest dwindled to a husk
Truly my life is void and brief
And tedious in the barren dusk
My life is ike a frozen thing
No bud no greenness can I see
My life is like a broken bowl
A broken bowl that cannot hold
One drop of water for my soul
Or cordial in the search and cold
cast in the fire a perishd thing
melt and remould it till it be
a Royale cup for him my king
O jesus come and drink of me          Cristina Rossetti   1800's

No comments:

Post a Comment

kcartersteeves@gmail.com
thekateynessofit.bloggspot.com