Red Fern Art compositions by Caithleen Carter Steeves

Drizzling spring morning thoughts

To be here is to see hear and become acquainted with the rain, sunshine,magestic waters .All things Maritime are in a highly unique way created and shaped by the sea.I hope you gain a perspective of what we are, what we are becoming, and what we cherish as Maritimers. Tapah leat!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

In Spirit We Walk

posted by K Carter Steeves

Holding hands, head to the Great Spirit of all creation we stand as our Spirit Guide says a prayer for procetion and Unity.Its 5a.m. July.Three women and a boy.We will walk 98 kl ms,living on the land sleeping in the old ways for nine days.The purpose is to bring healing to the spirit of the land the spirit of the peoples passed over from another gone time.It was called the walk for "FIRE"
It was a troubled time in my life and I remember thinking for a split second am I supposed to be here.Then as if being swept gently into another time and place of sacredness began to move my feet.One dreary step at a time.It was not easy to stay in the now the moment the end seemed so far away the past was all confused into the future.Walk and concentrate on the moment.No speaking we were in a vow of silence.The day passed.
I'm not an authority on any traditions of any peoples this is just one woman's story of healing expansion and renewal.
I felt like I was peering into the most of sacred places in my mind, my soul my body.The trees were so silent.The sky so very apparent so there.So in my face! no roof no shelter.We ate light we ate often we drank often,we shared,we smiled,we laughed,we walked and walked and walked like there was no end in sight.Each night we sat up or tents in the woods just off the roads.Sometimes we would follow the red handkerchiefs left for us.Mystery followed our every step our every breath.You can hear each other breath when you walk in the forest.Questions came answers came then after about three days nothing came nothing went just simple serenity.
Sky poured rain yet fire had to bring our supper to life.Wood was offered by a neighbor! We had everything we needed and more.A tree fell, another tree fell, we witnessed the clear cutting of a small forest plot; all happening around us yet we were safe, as we emerged out of our tents a rabbit ran by out off a cliff.Horror was all around us we were serene.We witnessed it all.

I have been honored to travel the earth and pray with sisters from the Inuit, American Indian,Greek,Barbadian,East Indian and Northern Europeans and the one small gift I am most thankful for is a still joy in my heart and soul.A finely lite warmth that runs up over and around me consistently.
One day a clove of garlic jumped out of my hand and into  tea cup and we laughed to tears!!laughed at the simple movement of the slipperyness in the garlic the timing the allness of the humor coming into tour souls in Unity!!lol
I received a most beautiful gift from this offering of simplicity.JOY!
Thankyou my sisters may you walk in Spirit always and Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

kcartersteeves@gmail.com
thekateynessofit.bloggspot.com