Red Fern Art compositions by Caithleen Carter Steeves

Drizzling spring morning thoughts

To be here is to see hear and become acquainted with the rain, sunshine,magestic waters .All things Maritime are in a highly unique way created and shaped by the sea.I hope you gain a perspective of what we are, what we are becoming, and what we cherish as Maritimers. Tapah leat!

Monday, April 6, 2015

cleaner than clean

posted by K Carter steeves
Some people ponder and predict A.D.D. (attention deficit disorder) ie: is it a farce? Have we all got some ADD? Is it real or imagined?
For me it is not a deficiency but another way of seeing the world for which I'm very willing to take full responsibility.Most times it allows me to make humour with myself at no one expense . Its god little gift to my ego which can get so serious at times.
Back in the 80's my hubby gave me a new power nozzle vacuum cleaner. I was all excited as a new wife to apply my skills to this new machine and have the house slick and span when he arrived later in the day, from work.
I removed it from the box with anticipation which very quickly turned into confusion! There in front of me was a long streamline maroon body saying Electrolux, hoses, cords, attachments all looking like a pile up on the 401, except I was not in Toronto.
I frigid and farted around for an hour or so in desperation. Thoughts like "well this has to go there", "maybe there is a missing part", who invented this dam thing" but none the less I persevered and came up with a workable solution. I cleaned all four carpets in all four rooms inching my way along.
I had two wires left, a short one and a long one and no solution as to where they went.
The long one had no where to fit "as far as I could see"........... the short one fit from the power nozzle right directly across and into the machine, but left me only a two foot stroke of space for vacuuming in any one direction. So I persevered with a quizzical triumph, yet inquiring mindfulness, cleaning every room from this limited posture.
When Fred came home I explained to him we would have to return the vacuum." Let me have a look" Within a minute he removed the end of the short wire from the vacuum and connected it to a small socket along the wand, then did the same with the long wire and ran it up to the end of the wand into another socket close to where your hand held the wand to move it out over the floor!!! Viola!!
He stood tall and straight while the vacuum did all the work. You get the drift of my tale.
Ive no need to question my left brain nor compare my levels of skill with A.D.C. a most annoying scholarly debate.
As most A.D.D,"rs will tell you "Just get on with it"!!!

Caite

No comments:

Post a Comment

kcartersteeves@gmail.com
thekateynessofit.bloggspot.com